12/31/12

Timeless Beauty

This morning, I couldn't find my jeans anywhere. I had just washed them the night before - so I assumed my husband had put them away in some logical location. I heard him down in the kitchen finishing up breakfast with our son, so I stuck my head over the top of the stairs and hollered down at him to see if he knew where they were.

My toddler heard me and ran to the bottom of the stairs to find me.

 "I'm up here, buddy," I called down to him.

 He looked up, cocked his head in a funny way, and said-asked, "Mama?"

When I confirmed that it was, in fact, me, he began to laugh hysterically.

I looked down at myself, at 32 weeks pregnant, clad only in my bra and underwear, and I started to laugh too.

Pregnancy is beautiful for many reasons, but I am not sure there is much that is more beautiful than seeing it through the eyes of someone with a good, honest sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment