1/6/13

Abundance

It is a travel-for-work night, and I am missing my family.  To get my mind off my worries, I tried listening to my first Andy Stanley sermon to see what all the hype is about.  It was a good message with many wonderful take aways.  However, the point that stood out to me the most was - I am sure - completely unintentional.

In the sermon, Andy Stanley made the remark that telling your wife that she is a good mother is the equivalent of clearing the dishes out of the dishwasher without being asked.

It occurred to me that I have never once - in our entire marriage - asked my husband to empty the dishwasher.  He empties it almost every single morning while our son eats his breakfast in his high chair.  I probably empty it only once a week or so. 

This type of behavior is so typical that it has never crossed my mind to be thankful for it. 

I lead an abundant life.

No comments:

Post a Comment