1/11/13

Legacy

I often think and sometimes write about what a tremendous husband and father my spouse is.  I am thankful every day for him and for the support and love he gives his family.  I know, however, that no man is self-created, and I am thankful for his parents who passed on to him gifts that withstand the test of time.  Below is an email his mother sent today to her children and me (who she always includes in her emails).  It was sweet and sums up so much:

"Yesterday after CBS (Community Bible Study) I talked with one of the ladies and she told me that she had a very interesting talk with her friends about how much it will cost you to raise a child from birth until he or she finishes high school.  She said that one of her friends said, "Don't forget to include how much damage the kid will cost you - like the broken window, the furniture, the carpet, the bike, the car . . . ."  I just laughed and said to her that I don't remember the small things but I remember some big things.  She asked me what big things, so I said the bay window, the new kitchen counter top, the wall, the door, the car and . . . . . :)

Wondering if you remember all these? Anyway, whatever damage you did just becomes an interesting thing to talk about because we love you, no matter what.  We love you all and wish you were here.

Love,
Mom

It is a blessing when parents give children a good example to follow, and something to celebrate when that example is one of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment