1/15/13

Humble Pie

One of my son's very first words was "Bible."  His great grandmother, grandmothers, and church have all given him various versions of this book, and he loves to thumb through them and look at the colorful pictures.  About a week or two ago, he took it to the next level, demanding that we put him to bed with his "Bible book" and crying when we won't let him take one of them into the tub.

I have to admit, my parent's heart swells with pride at these moments.  My toddler knows what the Bible is and wants to sleep with it, I have thought to myself.  Clearly, I am doing something right.

Well -you know what they say about pride.  Two nights ago, my husband pried the Bible book away from my son and pointed at the cover where Jesus is standing in a circle of children.

"Collin," Theo asked gently, pointing at Jesus. "Do you know who this is?"

Our son didn't miss a beat,

"SANTA," he shouted, hugging the book back to his chest.

I guess it's safe to assume our work isn't done yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment